This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant Empresa Bugs?

This thread is for pointing out bugs you might have found with MIVA Empresa.

Please include as much information as possible, including if it can be duplicated and under what conditions.

Before posting anything, please run a search of the forums to see if something has already been posted.

Thanks!

5.04 Gives you:

Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' to database 'dbname''

When clicking the finish button on setup.mvc
    --
    Scott Zielinski
    -----------------------------
    Sebenza.com - Miva Merchant Partner
    MIVA Development & MIVA Modules

SearchSpring.net - Strategic Miva Merchant Partner
    How many sales is your search page losing?

Comment

Using structure variables for filters

This code:
      Code:
      <MvFILTER NAME="{l.table}" FILTER_TYPE="variable" FILTER="l.this:filter">
      Give's me this (rather cryptic) error message:
      Code:
      C:\...\Temp\\mva00000001:1017: AE_311: Duplicate string identifier "s_0"
      Delete the ':' in 'l.this:filter', and it works. A minor bug, but an annoying one.
      Bill Guindon
      [email protected]

Comment

External Javascript Files.

Trying to include a javascript file:
        <script src="somescript.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I've had two cases where I've wasted time tracking down Javascript errors locally, but they magically disappeared when uploaded to a server.

In one of those cases, the problem with Miva Mia was solved by putting the contents of the javascript file into the mivascript file.
        Bill Guindon
        [email protected]

Comment

VM bug: EIN &amp; ECIN don't work

Actually, I seem to recall reading about this before. It's been a known bug for some time, but I don't know if anyone's pointed out that it's still happening in 5.04. The EIN and ECIN operators still don't work; they apparently return the same values as IN and CIN.
          Kent Multer
          Magic Metal Productions
          http://TheMagicM.com
          * Web developer/designer
          * E-commerce and Miva
          * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Several interesting issues working with local and global variables:

The function miva_getvarlist(scope) ignores the scope. For example, miva_getvarlist('g') returns ALL local, global and system variables.

Also if I assign a local variable it can be referenced using a global variable. And therefore, you can't assign a local and global variable with the same name. For instance:
            Code:
            <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.test" VALUE = 1>
            <MvASSIGN NAME = "g.test" VALUE = 2>
            <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ g.test }">
            <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.test }">
            This returns 22. Both g.test and l.test have the value of 2 since the g.test overwrote l.test.

No big deal to work around this, but it can really throw you for a loop when debugging.

Comment

Compiler error:

C:\DOCUME~1\Claudiu\LOCALS~1\Temp\\mva00000001:325 3: AE_333: Label L_start_17 not defined

I'll try to understand why I have that error when I compile my file and I'll post the result. For the moment I'm still searching :s
              Zen Radio : Relax :) : www.zenradio.fm
              MivaScript Tutorials & Scripts : www.mivascript.org

Comment

.. ok found it.. When you have omitted an </mvif> in some function on the top of your file and you have an extra </mvif> in another function in the bottom of the file, the compiler will give you the error above (so.. search or <mvif> loops if you have that error :) )

Best regards

Comment

Deserializing large structures crashes Empresa or returns bogus results

Actually, this isn't entirely new, but obviously hasn't been fixed:

Using the code below, when deserializing large structures with more than 12406 members, Empresa crashes. This only seems to happen on Windows Servers, on FreeBSD the same code performs flawlessly.

Example:
                  (simply raise g.max when calling the script)

// CREATE STRUCTURE

<MvASSIGN NAME = "l.a" VALUE = "1" >
                  <MvWHILE EXPR = "{ l.a LE g.max }">
                  <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.object" VALUE = "{ l.a }" >
                  <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.struc" MEMBER="{l.object}" VALUE = "{ l.object }" >
                  <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.a" VALUE = "{ l.a+1 }" >
                  </MvWHILE>

<BR> STRUC:
                  <BR><MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.struc }" >
                  <BR>
                  <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.serialized" VALUE = "{ miva_array_serialize( l.struc) }" >
                  <BR>SERIALIZED: <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.serialized }" >
                  <BR>
                  <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.deserialized" VALUE = "{ miva_array_deserialize( l.serialized) }" >
                  <BR>DESERIALIZED <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.deserialized }" >
                  <BR>

Another variation is that structures with longer member names and values, the deserialized result may even be truncated or completely bogus, even when the member count is lower than in the example above.

Markus
                  Emerald Media, Trade & Technology USA/Germany
                  Professional Miva Programming since 1998
                  Home of the Emerald Objects Application Server (EOA)
                  Multi-dimensional CRM, CMS & E-Commerce

http://www.emeraldobjects.com
                  http://www.sylter-seiten.com

Comment

Re: MIVA Empresa Bugs?

Originally posted by sebenza
                    5.04 Gives you:

Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' to database 'dbname''

When clicking the finish button on setup.mvc
                    currently having this problem, tried empresa 5.06, 5.04, miva 5 pl2, pl3

can't get it installed

Comment

With this code:

<mvfilter name="{l.alias}" filter_type="variable" filter="{ g.datec CIN miva_variable_value(l.alias$'.d.datec') }">

you have this error when you compile it:

C:\DOCUME~1\Claudiu\LOCALS~1\Temp\\mva00000001:292 7: AE_311: Duplicate string identifier "s_0"
                      Same problem like aGorilla, you have to assign the dynamic variable to a normal variable to make it works:

<mvassign name="l.aliaz" value="{miva_variable_value(l.alias$'.d.datec')}">

<mvfilter name="{l.alias}" filter_type="variable" filter="{ g.datec CIN l.aliaz }">

PS: Is it me or the server is very slow?

Comment

This is not likely a bug, but rather a user permissions issue with your database permissions. Check from the shell if you can, that you can login to the MySQL database. If you can, then perhaps this is a bug.

I've never encountered it with any of the installs of v5.02, v5.03, or v5.06 with PR1, PR2 or PR3.

Originally posted by takeover
                        currently having this problem, tried empresa 5.06, 5.04, miva 5 pl2, pl3

can't get it installed

Comment

hm.. I guess there is a major BUG in the new version of the compiler. Almost everything you want to pass in the Filter with the type Variable, you have a compiler exception:

<mvfilter name="{l.alias}" filter_type="variable" filter="{ toupper(g.recherche) CIN l.aliaz }">

C:\DOCUME~1\Claudiu\LOCALS~1\Temp\\mva00000001:295 6: AE_311: Duplicate string identifier "s_0"
                          it is working like this:

<mvassign name="l.rech" value="{toupper(g.recherche)}">
                          <mvfilter name="{l.alias}" filter_type="variable" filter="{ l.rech CIN l.aliaz }">

Comment

Two bugs on Mia, not confirmed on Empressa.

file_create(l.file, 'data', somedb.d.field) Kills Mia
                            Assigning the db field to a local variable, and then using the local variable in the file_create solves the problem.

using bf_encrypt on an empty string kills Mia.
                            Bill Guindon
                            [email protected]

Comment

Rounding bug in 5.06

<MvEVAL EXPR = "{'<br>Debug1: ' $ rnd((.5 * 1),0)}">
                              <MvEVAL EXPR = "{'<br>Debug2: ' $ rnd((.51 * 1),0)}">
                              <MvEVAL EXPR = "{'<br>Debug3: ' $ rnd((1.5 * 1),0)}">

yields

Debug1: 0
                              Debug2: 1
                              Debug3: 2

The .5 when rounded 0 decimals will round down. But 1.5 rounded with 0 decimals will round up. Can we get this math error fixed?
                              Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
                              Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
                              Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
                              Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
                              Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Working...
                              X