Getting to Know You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name: Keli
    What I do: Mostly SEO. I head and founded the SEO unit for one of the biggest attorney portals online. I've run my own company since 1998 doing SEO, ECom development, and Web design.
    Mivite since: 1999 - first site was featured in Parade Magazine.
    Something you may not know: We were the first home in America to have fiber optics laid to it; 24 strands of single mode fiber with Sun Microsystems running the game. Our ISP moved more data through my home than any other at the time. We've since bought up most our competition and had experts come in and run it. Now? I went back to consulting. Less hectic.
    Last edited by keli; 03-29-06, 07:46 AM.
    Keli Etscorn, CEO
    Bear Canyon Consulting, LLC
    www.KeliE.com
    www.BearCanyonSEO.com

Comment

Name: Dan Coop
      What I do: Run the entire IT side of a mail order company which sells products which are more than likely illegal in the USA. (site is NSFW)
      Mivite since: 1998
      Something you may not know: I'm self taught and didn't know anything about webdesign when i set up my site, we now have 15 staff.

Comment

Name: Ashish Jain
        What I do: Working in java/j2ee projects. Currently with major insurance company. Also involved in miva store as part time.
        Mivite since: 2005
        Something you may not know: I am core java programmer. Don't be surprised, if i launch something like jiva :), java version of miva.
        ...Ashish
        Webmaster - http://www.FragranceOcean.com

Comment

Name: Keith Hunniford
          What I do: Hmm. That's a good one. Currently enjoying not doing much of anything.
          Mivite since: Oh - long time.. I was an HTMLScriptite back before MIVA was Miva.
          Something you may not know: I no longer work for MIVA. Julie and I decided that this thread was as good a time as any to spread that word. I left MIVA at the end of last week on very good terms having spent 18 months on the "inside". It was fun and I'm very happy with the direction the company is going in, and glad that I played a part in it. Some people just are not cut out for Corporate America, and 18 months was what I had in me before deciding that it would be best for all if I parted ways.
          Something non-work you might not know about me: I'm a closet rockstar.. http://www.soundclick.com/almostsane

Keith

Keifer Hunniford | MIVA

Comment

Name: Dave Slifka
            What I do: Design, primarily for the web
            Mivite since: Last August
            Some things you may not know: I am a complete Fantasy Football nut, which drives Jimmy CRAZY! I also watch a whole lot of movies and am addicted to sushi.

Comment

Richard Grevers

Been hacking mivascript since - um, I lost count but it was last millennium. Never done merchant, but have written several bespoke e-commerce systems with special requirements, which may one day evolve into something marketable. My business, Dramatic Design, is now part time - Webfarm took me on full time as lead developer so I spend my days bugfixing, enhancing and rewriting our domain registry engine and group websites.

Things you may not know: (1) I blow things up as a sideline - I'm a licensed pyrotechnician, doing 2-3 firework displays a year. (2) I'm getting married on May 7th (3) yes of course the wedding will have fireworks!
              Richard Grevers
              Dramatic Design
              New Plymouth, New Zealand

Comment

Name: Holly Nelson, One of Two Computer Chicks (which is actually two chicks with three assistant chicks and a dude for programming located in four states.)
                What We do: Since 1996, Miva Merchant site integration, web site development, web site maintenance, a little web hosting and serious SEO.
                Something you may not know: I love to garden...just got in my early spring crops, homeschool my gifted son (soon to be another computer dude), do tricks on the trampoline.:p
                Holly Nelson, CEO of 2C Development Group
                www.2cdevgroup.com
                @2cdevelopment

Comment

Name: Tim Raisbeck
                  What I do: Co-Owner with my twin brother of Charlotte's Saddlery in Houston, Texas. We cater to the English and Western rider with extensive lines of tack, apparel and equipment.
                  Mivite since: 2005
                  Something you may not know: Grew up in Kansas City, one of five children. Been married to the most wonderful woman, Christy since 1989. Two kids, Austin and Kendall.
                  Tim S. Raisbeck, owner
                  Charlotte’s Saddlery Inc.

11623A Katy Freeway
                  Houston, Texas 77079

http://www.charlottes-saddlery.com
                  Proudly Serving the Equine Industry for Over 35 Years.

Comment

About Scott

Name: Scott Zielinski
                    What I do: MivaScript & Module Development.
                    Mivite since: 1998
                    Something you may not know: My last name is not Sebenza and my first name is not Steve :p For real though... Im married, 1 3 yr old son, 1 being planned, 2 dogs, 5 fish and 2 snails. And... I love WPT.
                    --
                    Scott Zielinski
                    -----------------------------
                    Sebenza.com - Miva Merchant Partner
                    MIVA Development & MIVA Modules

SearchSpring.net - Strategic Miva Merchant Partner
                    How many sales is your search page losing?

Comment

What enquiring minds want to know...
                      Name: Bruce Golub
                      What I do: Sr. Partner, Phosphor Media.com. A full service e-commerce development company which also produces some of the most well know Merchant 3rd Party products. Notably StoreMan, Merchant Optimizer and Merchant Moogle. I mostly now manage the company, still do a little mivascript and the occasional custom module, but mostly reasponsible for putting a face on Phosphor Media. Have worked with internet based technologies since I saw a beta version of the Mosiac browser. Worked on my first e-commerce site in 1995.
                      Mivite since: About two months before Merchant 2.0 was being released, as we dumped everything we had done for 1.0 and used 2.0. (About seven years...but I'm note good with dates--ask my wife).
                      Something you may not know:
                      Something non-work you might not know about me: Avid (close to rabid, but only in passion) cook, house remodeler, and soccer coach. Have two wonderfull kids: Max (12) and Zoe (10) and one exceptionally wonderful wife (Kelly--age withheld by request, but most think she is 30).
                      Bruce Golub
                      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Go no mail for a week and look what happens...

Name: Julie Thompson
                        What I do:
                        I am the President, webdesigner (I use that term somewhat loosely), SEO, customer service rep and order manager of Ultimate Nourishment, hosted with DotCom Host.
                        Mivite since:
                        Aug 2003 when I taught myself HTML and MIVA, which I may not have accomplished without the gurus of this group.
                        Something you may not know:
                        I am a co-list owner of the Epi Guardian Angels, which is an online 'canine epilepsy' e-mail group. Where I help other epi-parents cope and manage seizures in their dogs.

Comment

Name: Leanne Chambers
                          What I do: I am a paralegal and co-owner/webdesigner/SEO/bookkeeper/and chief-cook-and-bottle-washer of an electric guitar parts ecommerce site
                          Mivite since: 2004 when I taught myself HTML and Miva so that my husband could do something he loved for a change
                          Something you may not know: I am a gourmet cook, an avid fishkeeper, and I love to garden.

Comment

Name: Rick Savoia
                            What I do: Owner of Savoia Computer, a company that specializes in custom built PCs and laptops, computer upgrades and repairs and Home and Small Office networks.
                            Mivite Since: I do not recall the exact year. I used Miva Merchant since 2.0 and occassionally visited the list archives but did not actually join the list until sometime later and was a lurker until very recently.
                            Something you may not know: spent 14 years in broadcasting before starting my own computer business. I created the first online shopping mall BBS in Florida in 1986, before the Internet was publicly available. I did e-commerce well before Miva was created. I operated it on a Commodore 64. It was very secure as the orders and credit card information were stored on cassette tape.
                            Other interests include reading, writing, biking, my family and I keep tabs on the Orlando Magic although I will probably attend games in the future if they ever get serious and try to make the playoffs.
                            Rick Savoia
                            Savoia Computer
                            www.savoiacomputer.com
                            Built to order. Built for you.

Comment

My name is Lina and I just opened a store. I think this is a great way to network and to also meet people.

Comment

Susan Petracco

Is anyone else having trouble remembering to come out here? It's been like 3 weeks I think!

What I do: Co-owner of NetBlazon ecommerce development firm, co-owner of WonderBrains online toystore
                                Mivite Since: 2000
                                Something you may not know: I stumbled into computers after I seriously considered a career in entomology. I'm actually published too (scroll to #51... Daniels, S.M. is me before I got married)
                                On a more personal note: I love to sing, play the piano, cross-stitch, play with my kids, and read.
                                Susan Petracco
                                NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X