No announcement yet.

Miva stopped working??? Help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva stopped working??? Help please...

Yes, we're using cpanel with SuExec.. But nothing has changed there, we had no problems running miva with SuExec in the past.

Comment

Reference: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=27654

Could be a suexec issue. When did the issue start, and when was the last time you upgraded cPanel or suexec?

james

Comment

It happened 2 days ago when I upgraded cpanel. I guess I can try disabling SuExec, I hate to go without it though..

Comment

Disabled suexec and modified ownership accordingly, problem still exists..

For reference, I am using the test.html and test.mvc scripts located in the document root.. It is a simple POST method test using miva.

Comment

RESOLVED: Miva stopped working??? Help please...

Ok, I found it. This appears to be specific to cPanel servers, though any other system that uses the apache module in question could also be affected.

There is an apache module called mod_log_bytes/1.2 that causes the problem. It consumes the "standard input" (ex: POST form data) prior to running a CGI application. I asume what is happening is that since the purpose is to log total transfered bytes in/out of the web server, it reads STDIN to see how much data was posted. Then the STDIN data becomes unavailable to CGI applications.

To fix, disable "mod_log_bytes" and all BytesLog directives from your apache.conf and restart. Your issue should now be resolved.

Best,
            James

Comment

James, I dont know how to thank you,you have saved the day!

I glaced at it,and it looks like there may be other modules involved as well, disabling all the bandwidth related mods fix the problem. I'll followup when I get a chance to take a better look at it, for now..Dinner time

Thanks again James, if you ever need a favor please let me know.

-Frank

Comment

After toying with the modules a bit, I found the issue is with mod_bandwidth,and not mod_bytes_log. Either way, disabling that module will solve the issue.

Comment

Strange - I though I had mod_bandwidth already disabled and still had the problem. Could be an interaction of the two...

Comment

CONFIRMATION: Disable mod_bandwidth to resolve this issue.

Comment

I am having a similar issue where a client attempts to process a batch order and immediately gets a 500 error. I thought suexec was the issue at first but disabling that stopped the store from coming up.

I disabled 'mod_bwlimited.so' but the error still comes up. Are there any other mods associated with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by nixusr View Post
                        I am having a similar issue where a client attempts to process a batch order and immediately gets a 500 error. I thought suexec was the issue at first but disabling that stopped the store from coming up.

I disabled 'mod_bwlimited.so' but the error still comes up. Are there any other mods associated with this one?
                        What payment gateway is this client using? We are investigating an issue with Autnet where this is happening across the board for all authnet merchant's.
                        Jim McCormick
                        Miva Merchant Support
                        866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                        X