Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a Buy Now button to an existing web site

Hi:

I already have a site built and I want to simply add some Buy Now buttons throughout the site that would automatically take the customer to the Miva Store / specific product page...is this possible?

Also, once they are in the Miva Store is is possible to add a link to take them back to the web site if they want to browse around some more or for whatever reason, and then add a link on the web site to take them directly to the Miva Store?

I have a feeling that all I would do is built the store in Miva, then go to a specific product, copy/paste the URL and just use that?

Help.

Thanks,

Mitch

Re: Adding a Buy Now button to an existing web site

Originally posted by mitchel View Post
    I already have a site built and I want to simply add some Buy Now buttons throughout the site that would automatically take the customer to the Miva Store / specific product page...is this possible?
    Certainly. On any product page in your store, click on the top-right corner "Links" icon. That will give you a few handy links you can use - one of them is "Add to basket" and another one is "Buy one now" to take you straight to checkout.

Also, once they are in the Miva Store is is possible to add a link to take them back to the web site if they want to browse around some more or for whatever reason, and then add a link on the web site to take them directly to the Miva Store?
    If you use html pages outside of Miva Merchant, the store doesn't know the exact URL you may have come from to the basket page. Best you could do would be a Javascript button to go back in browser history by 1 page, but this won't work if someone, let's say, was in the basket and updated quantities - the "go back 1 page" will just reload the basket page. You can do what you describe if all your product pages were handled by the shopping cart directly, rather than a collection of manually created html pages.

Comment

Originally posted by dotCOM_host View Post
      If you use html pages outside of Miva Merchant, the store doesn't know the exact URL you may have come from to the basket page. Best you could do would be a Javascript button to go back in browser history by 1 page, but this won't work if someone, let's say, was in the basket and updated quantities - the "go back 1 page" will just reload the basket page. You can do what you describe if all your product pages were handled by the shopping cart directly, rather than a collection of manually created html pages.
      Thanks...I did not even see the link button, that game me exactly what I needed.

How about a link that goes to a specific page on the site...always the same page?

Thanks!

Mitch

Comment

If the URL is fixed - just enter a standard issue HREF hyperlink anywhere you'd like.

Comment

Working...
        X