Miva 4 Meta Tag Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva 4 Meta Tag Export

Is there a way to export the Prod and Cat meta data in a compiled Miva 4 store for import into a Miva 5 store?
    Holly Nelson, CEO of 2C Development Group
    www.2cdevgroup.com
    @2cdevelopment

Re: Miva 4 Meta Tag Export

Originally posted by 2chicks View Post
    Is there a way to export the Prod and Cat meta data in a compiled Miva 4 store for import into a Miva 5 store?
    v4 does not have meta data built in. Is it a function of OUI? I doubt any of our tools would export this data because it's not a built in feature.
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks, Jim.
      Holly Nelson, CEO of 2C Development Group
      www.2cdevgroup.com
      @2cdevelopment

Comment

AFAICR - Those were a function of OpenUI Languages. The actual data is in the langmemos.dbf files located in mivadata/Merchant2/(store number - usually 00000001)/oui folder. Don't ask why I remember this stuff - I don't remember .......

Someone with a dbf reader should be able to help you out - like at least export them to a spreadsheet.

Comment

I need to do this too. Can anyone suggest a dbf reader and how to go about this

Thanks
          Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
          [email protected]
          Tel: 541-943-3268

Comment

If you have a copy of Microsoft Access around you can do it. Even as old as Access 2000 will still work in WIN 7.

Comment

I found a free dbf reader and was able to convert the langmemos.dfb file to csv. But it didn't format correctly. So it is virtually impossible to sort through the data. That file also seems to contain header and footer info. Has anyone successfully exported their metas and imported them into miva 5?

Comment

Speaking of bad memories....I don't recall anything in the Language tables being "straightforward". I recall their being some foreign keys required to look up cat/product related data.
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

I remember using a db3 reader/editor and cutting and pasting the entire dbf file into excel. From there I used excel's vlookup to match across tables and worksheets on product id's and category id's to their product codes and names... so I could construct a new table on a new worksheet that I could use for import.

of course that wasn't straight forward either. lots of cut paste to note pad. then save as txt file before actually importing into the newer miva version.

It was doable and easier than typing everything back in (we had a LOT of items). But it wasn't easy.

I think the program on the pc I used was called dbfview, it wasn't free though.

Comment

Working...
                  X